Welcome to the College of Communication and Information. The college’s faculty and staff understand the important role academic advising plays in the quality of a student’s undergraduate experience.
Advisors help each student tailor an academic program to fit the student’s interests, goals, and abilities within the criteria set by the faculty leading toward completion of a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, depending on the student’s major. Advisors serve as sources of information about university and college policies, procedures and appropriate campus resources. They help each student explore career related goals and seek practical experiences.
Click here to view the more information about academic advising at the University of Tennessee.
Need to meet with your CCI Advisor or change your major?
Follow these directions to set up an appointment:
- Log into your MyUTK account (https://my.utk.edu).
- Click the “Academic Support” link at the top of the page, then click the “Vol Academic Connect” (Navigate) link.
- Click the blue “Appointments” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the drop-box, select “Communication and Information Advising”.
- From the next drop-box, select the type of appointment you need:
Monday – Friday: Advising for current College of Communication & Information Students
Change of Major Appointments = Friday Afternoon Only: For students changing majors from outside the College of Communication & Information.
- The location for the appointment will default to the “Communication and Information Advising – Zoom/Online.”
- Click the box under “Who would you like to meet with?” and select your advisor’s name, then click Next.
- Select the available time (Eastern Standard time) that works for you and follow the instructions on the screen to finish scheduling the appointment. Note: It helps us better prepare for your appointment if you add what you need help with in the comments section.
- You will receive a Zoom meeting request to your UT email before your scheduled appointment time. This email will include a video link and phone number. You may choose to Zoom in to your appointment via video or call the phone number at your scheduled appointment time. Choose the available time that works for you (Please note the appointment time will be in Eastern Time Zone).
CCI Center for Undergraduate Programs and Advising Staff
|Julie Longmire||Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs & Advisingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Abigail D. Blankner||Academic Advisor Iemail@example.com|
|Lexi Hartley||Academic Advisor Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Byron Keys||Academic Advisor Iemail@example.com|
|Stacey Laughlin||Student Services Specialist Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rochelle Nelson||Master Advisor/Lectureremail@example.com|
Our office is located on the second floor of the Communications Building in Room 202. Please note that if you enter the building from Circle Park Drive, you are entering on the third level and must go downstairs to reach the second floor.
College of Communication & Information Center for Undergraduate Programs and Advising
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
Phone: (865) 974-3603
Additional Advising Links
AP, CLEP, and IB Credit
Center for Career Development
One Stop Student Services
Student Success Center
Transfer Equivalency Tables and Form
What Can I Do With This Major?