Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Center for Undergraduate Programs & Advising

CCI Academic Advising Syllabus

Petition Forms

Register for a Tour of CCI

Transfer Student Information

CCI Introductory Course – CCI 150

Welcome to the College of Communication & Information. The college’s faculty and staff understand the important role academic advising plays in the quality of a student’s undergraduate experience.

Advisors help each student tailor an academic program to fit the student’s interests, goals, and abilities within the criteria set by the faculty leading toward completion of a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, depending on the student’s major. Advisors serve as sources of information about university and college policies, procedures and appropriate campus resources. They help each student explore career related goals and seek practical experiences.

Click here to view the more information about academic advising at the University of Tennessee.

Need to meet with your CCI Advisor or change your major?


Spring 2022 – Virtual Drop-in Advising

Thursday 1/20 – Monday 1/31  – 9:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 4:00pm

Zoom #9362 337 0547

Password: 7654cci



Follow these directions to set up an appointment:

  1. Log into your MyUTK account (
  2. Click the “Academic Support” link at the top of the page, then click the “Vol Academic Connect” (Navigate) link.
  3. Click the blue “Appointments” button in the upper right-hand corner.
  4. From the drop-box, select “Communication and Information Advising”.
  5. From the next drop-box, select the type of appointment you need:

         Monday – Friday: Advising for current College of Communication & Information Students
         Change of Major Appointments = Friday Afternoon Only: For students changing majors from outside the College of Communication & Information.

  1. The location for the appointment will default to the “Communication and Information Advising – In-Person/Zoom.”
  2. Click the box under “Who would you like to meet with?” and select your advisor’s name, then click Next.
  3. Choose whether you would like an in-person appointment or a Zoom appointment.
  4. Select the available time (Eastern Standard time) that works for you and follow the instructions on the screen to finish scheduling the appointment. Note: It helps us better prepare for your appointment if you add what you need help with in the comments section.
  5. If you selected online appointment, you will receive a Zoom meeting request to your UT email before your scheduled appointment time. This email will include a video link and phone number. You may choose to Zoom in to your appointment via video or call the phone number at your scheduled appointment time. Choose the available time that works for you (Please note the appointment time will be in Eastern Time Zone).

CCI Center for Undergraduate Programs & Advising Staff

Julie Longmire Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs & Advising
Devan Lane Director of Career Development
Bee Clevenger Academic Advisor I
Whitney Foust Academic Advisor I
Byron Keys Academic Advisor I
Stacey Laughlin Student Services Specialist I
Rochelle Nelson Master Advisor
Cody Dethleff Administrative Associate I

Our office is located on the second floor of the Communications Building in Room 202. Please note that if you enter the building from Circle Park Drive, you are entering on the third level and must go downstairs to reach the second floor.

Contact Information
College of Communication & Information Center for Undergraduate Programs & Advising
202 Communications
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
Phone: (865) 974-3603

Additional Advising Links

AP, CLEP, and IB Credit
University Forms
Center for Career Development
Course Catalog
Language Placement
One Stop Student Services
Student Success Center
Transfer Equivalency Tables and Form
What Can I Do With This Major?