Welcome to the College of Communication & Information. The college’s faculty and staff understand the important role academic advising plays in the quality of a student’s undergraduate experience.
Advisors help each student tailor an academic program to fit the student’s interests, goals, and abilities within the criteria set by the faculty leading toward completion of a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, depending on the student’s major. Advisors serve as sources of information about university and college policies, procedures and appropriate campus resources. They help each student explore career related goals and seek practical experiences.
Click here to view the more information about academic advising at the University of Tennessee.
Need to meet with your CCI Advisor or change your major?
Follow these directions to set up an appointment:
- Log into your MyUTK account (https://my.utk.edu).
- Click the “Academic Support” link at the top of the page, then click the “Vol Academic Connect” (Navigate) link.
- Click the blue “Appointments” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the drop-box asking which office, select “Communication and Information Advising”.
- From the next drop-box titled “Service”, select the type of appointment you need:
- Advising for COMM & INFO – Current CCI students
- “Change to” – Students outside of CCI who wish to declare that major
- Choose a date that works best for you. If you are a CCI student, then it will default to your advisor’s available time. You should only schedule with your advisor. If you do not see availability on that day, please go back and try a few different days.
- Select the available time (Eastern Standard time) that works for you and follow the instructions on the screen to finish scheduling the appointment. Note: It helps us better prepare for your appointment if you add what you need help with in the comments section.
- Watch your email for a confirmation email. This will give you additional information about advising office location or Zoom link.
CCI Center for Undergraduate Programs & Advising Staff
|Julie Longmire||Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs & Advisingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Devan Lane||Director of Career Developmentemail@example.com|
|Bee Clevenger||Academic Advisor Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hannah Currie||Academic Advisor Iemail@example.com|
|Whitney Foust||Academic Advisor Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Byron Keys||Academic Advisor Iemail@example.com|
|Rochelle Nelson||Master Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Victoria Smith||Administrative Associate Iemail@example.com|
|Lindsey Ekti||Student Services Specialist Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Our office is located on the second floor of the Communications Building in Room 202. Please note that if you enter the building from Circle Park Drive, you are entering on the third level and must go downstairs to reach the second floor.
College of Communication & Information Center for Undergraduate Programs & Advising
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
Phone: (865) 974-3603
Additional Advising Links
AP, CLEP, and IB Credit
Center for Career Development
One Stop Student Services
Student Success Center
Transfer Equivalency Tables and Form
What Can I Do With This Major?