The CCI 45th ANNUAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
Creativity, Engagement, Research: Achieving Understanding & Improving Lives
Thursday, February 23, 2023
2023 CCI Symposium is BOTH IN-PERSON & ONLINE
Coming to you from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Using Creative Approaches to Offer an Innovative Symposium Format Featuring…
- “Flipped” format: interactive conversation-based sessions / recorded research presentation
- Awards for student presenters
- Panel about community-engaged research
- Panel about creative projects & creative research methods
- Breaks with trivia & chances for attendees to win great CCI/UT swag
STUDENTS — Share Your Research & Your Research Experiences
FACULTY – Share your Research Agenda & Your Research “Tips”
Best Student Poster. Best Presentation for Doctoral, Masters, and Undergraduate students.
Join a Panel- Two Great Topics for Two Stimulating Panels
(1) Explore what makes community-engaged research so powerful. Learn how to get involved with community-engaged research.
(2) Learn about how CCI researchers are engaging in creative projects. Explore creative approaches to research methods (journaling, photo diaries, documentaries, art- based research, etc.).
Your email should specify the panel you want to join, a couple sentences about what you will share. Include times you teach on 2/23 so we can schedule appropriately.
FACULTY RAP (RESEARCH AGENDA PROFILE OR PREVIOUSLY PRESENTED PAPER)
Share your research agenda or previously presented research results (2019 to now) or future research ideas in a short recording! Chat live with students and provide tips for being a research rock star. Your email should state the title of your presentation with a short abstract. Include times you teach on 2/23 so we can schedule appropriately.
STUDENT RESEARCH STARS
Share your research (new or previously presented) in a short recording. Chat live with attendees about your experience and provide tips for research participation success. Extended Abstracts are 600-1000 words. Full papers are NOT reviewed.. Submissions will also be considered for acceptance as a poster.
RESEARCH POSTER KALEIDOSCOPE – SESSIONS ONLINE & IN-PERSON
Present a poster about your research/research in progress (this is a friendly space to get valuable feedback on new projects!) in a short recording. Compete for the Best Student Poster Award OR share a previously presented poster. All poster presenters will chat with attendees about their research and share tips for making a great poster, Abstracts are 250-500 words.
Submission deadline for all formats is January 27, 2023. Notification of acceptance will be made no later than January 31, 2023. All but the panels are flipped formats to stimulate conversation– we ask you to make a short recording (less than 3 minutes) to submit by February 14, so it is posted on the site.
- Identify your entry as: Faculty RAP, Student Research Stars, or Research Poster.
- Email your interest to Amy Forrester email@example.com
- Include the name and email address of all authors; notification will be made via email.
- For additional information, contact:
Ms. Amy Forrester firstname.lastname@example.org
CCI Research & Innovation Center
of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-0341