What is special about UT’s College of Communication & Information (CCI)?
• Center for Information & Communication Studies (CICS)
– Awarded grants total $7 million: NSF, IMLS, Sloan Foundation and more
– $2.5 million in science information and communication contract work at Oak Ridge National Labs.
• Hands-on, state-of-the-art technology labs
Scripps Convergence | User-Experience | Message Effects | Converged Newsroom | Organizational Research
• Broad range of student experience options
Study abroad | Practicums | Internships | Student Media
• Executive Education advanced learning options
• World-class faculty including journal editors, current and former American Academy of Advertising officers and public relations scholars focused on risk, health and crisis communication.
• College, university and national teaching awards received by more than half of the faculty.
• National standing especially in focused communication niche areas: organizational, interpersonal and health communications
• Academically acclaimed faculty with state-of-the-art message effects and organizational research labs
• Outstanding sponsored research program with multiple IMLS, NSF and other grants supporting faculty and graduate student research
• Program ranked # 17 nationally by U.S. News & World Report
• Program Ranked #1 in U.S. by Library & Information Science Research for faculty articles published per capita
• Outstanding, internationally recognized faculty: professional media experience and highly published
• Flexible, innovative, converged journalism curriculum to educate the next generation of journalists and media professioinals
• State-of-the art production facilities.