Allard Named SEC Academic Leadership Development Program Fellow

Suzie Allard

CCI Associate Dean for Research and Director of the CCI Center for Information and Communication Studies Suzie Allard has been named an SEC 2016 – 17 Academic Leadership Development Program Fellow (SEC ALDP).

As indicated in the SEC release, “the SEC Academic Leadership Development Program (SEC ALDP) is a professional growth initiative that seeks to identify, prepare and advance academic leaders for roles within SEC institutions and beyond. It has two components: a university-level development program designed by each institution for its own participants and two, three-day, SEC-wide workshops held on specified campuses for all program participants.”

“This represents a unique opportunity to learn from my peers across the Southeastern Conference and grow as an academic administrator,” said Allard. “I’m grateful for the opportunity, and I’m sure it will allow me to glean ideas and inspiration from other campuses that will help strengthen what I do for CCI.”

The program was created in 2008. Allard is one of four faculty from UT selected for this year’s class and part of 52 selected fellows from 14 SEC universities.

Three other CCI faculty members have participated in the SEC ALDP program – JEM Director and Professor Catherine Luther (2012-13), SIS Professor Ed Cortez (2009-10), and ADPR Professor Sally McMillan (2008-09).