Students from across the College of Communication and Information, the School of Advertising and Public Relations and the School of Journalism and Electronic Media were recognized on Monday, April 11 at the College’s 2016 Honors Convocation.
On November 11, 2016, the annual CCI Awards and Scholarship Donor Appreciation Banquet will honor the scholarship donors and recipients at a special gala to be held at the Knoxville Convention Center. Student Awards presented at the Convocation were as follows.
CCI Graduate Student Awards
- Reid Boehm – CCI Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Whitney Tipton – CCI Teaching Award
- Sejin Park – CCI Research Award
Advertising and Public Relations Awards
- Outstanding Advertising Graduate – Olivia Rothermel
- Sammy Lynn Puett Public Relations Leadership Award – Lindsey Balthrop
- J. Carroll Bateman Public Relations Award – Sarah Missimer
Journalism and Electronic Media Awards
- The Tennessee Journalist Student of the Year Award – Jessica Carr
- SCOOP Magazine Student of the Year Award – Jessica Carr
- Best in TV News Award – Taylor Gilmore
- Best in Media Sales Award – Addison (Miles) Collins
- WUTK Student of the Year Award – Sumner Gilliam
- Best in TV Production Award – Joshua Lampley
- Science Writing Award – Madison Eubanks
- Scripps Howard/Ernie Pyle Memorial Award – Chandler Condrone
CCI, ADV, PR and JEM Scholarship Awards
We congratulate all of our outstanding undergraduate and graduate students on their achievements and on the scholarships they received. We are very grateful to our donors for creating these scholarships to invest in the future of our students!