Five CCI alumni were presented with school/program awards and six CCI faculty members received faculty awards at the Nov. 6, 2015 CCI Awards and Scholarship Donor Appreciation Banquet.
- Advertising Alumnus of the Year: Adam Brown (BS/ADV ’94), executive strategist, Salesforce.
- Communication Studies Alumna of the Year: Elizabeth Clement Webb (BA/CS ’03), special assistant to the deputy director, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Information Sciences Alumna of the Year: Danuta Nitecki (MS/C&I ’76), dean of libraries and professor of computing and informatics, Drexel University.
- Journalism and Electronic Media Alumna of the Year: Tori Blase (BS/JEM ’93), supervisor and executive producer, CNN.
- Public Relations Alumna of the Year: Ellen Liston (BS/PR ’84), publicist, the Dollywood Company.
“We are proud to honor Adam, Elizabeth, Danuta, Tori and Ellen,” said CCI Dean Mike Wirth. “These awards recognize their outstanding professional achievement along with their willingness to give back to their alma mater in a variety of important ways.”
CCI Faculty Award Recipients
Faculty Teaching Award
Robyn Blakeman, ADPR associate professor
Faculty Research Award
Amber Roessner, JEM assistant professor
Faculty Service/Outreach Award
Rob Heller, JEM professor
Pete Finch, JEM lecturer
Innovative Teaching Award
Kimberly Douglass, SIS assistant professor
Bud Minkel International/Intercultural Award
Sam Swan, JEM professor
“Congratulations to Robyn, Amber, Rob, Pete, Kimberly and Sam on their excellent work, which earned them this special recognition,” remarked CCI Dean Mike Wirth. “Their achievements are representative of the great things being done by our entire faculty.”