Parkin (M.S./ C&I ‘85) Wins SAMY Award

Brad ParkinBrad Parkin (M.S./ C&I ‘85) has been honored by Utah Business for his work as Associate Zoo Director, Marketing Services for the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.  This is the inaugural year for the SAMY award program recognizing top sales and marketing professionals for having “measurable impact on their company’s bottom line.”

Parkin has led the Hogle Zoo’s Zoorasic Park to record attendance with a 60% increase over 2010’s ZooLights, the zoo’s holiday event.  The zoo encompasses 42 acres and features over 800 animals.  The Association of Zoos and Aquariums has accredited the Hogle Zoo, making it one of the few wildlife exhibitors in the U.S. to earn this distinction. 

When asked about this achievement Parkin said, “With the advantage I now have of looking back on my 25-year career in marketing and communications, it has become crystal clear to me that the two years I spent at UT earning a Master’s degree in communications helped pave the way for many of the professional successes I have achieved.   I look back on my years at UT with great fondness and reflect often on the principles and disciplines learned.”

Parkin is also the board president of the Foothill Cultural District, an eight-member organization of cultural venues in Utah.

http://www.utahbusiness.com/issues/articles/11904/2012/01/the_samy_awards