The newsletter for College of Communication and Information faculty, staff, and students.
CCI welcomes new assistant professors
- Yuliya Lutchyn, Adv/PR, research interests: automaticity in consumer behaviors, strategic communication and persuasion, implicit information processing, effects of time frame on intent-driven behaviors
- Jin Seong Park, Adv/PR, research interests: effects of drug advertising, advertising and consumer health, the unconscious and consumer information processing
- Amber Roessner, JEM, research interests: history of sports media and its intersection with American culture and collective memory; race, class, gender and the mass media; critical and cultural studies
- Erin Whiteside, JEM, research interests: sports media and popular culture, gender issues in sports media
- Kimberly Douglass, SIS, research interests: environmental and science policy, commodity resource policy and science and policymaking
- Devendra Potnis, SIS, research interests: microfinance, social informatics, digital governance and information technology and society
August Circle Park News published
The August issue of Circle Park News, the college’s e-newsletter, has been published and sent to alumni and friends of the college. Find it online here: http://www.cci.utk.edu/enewsletter/august2010.
Thursdays @ 3
The tech talk for September 2 will be a discussion of using college servers to share files with students in the labs. We can both distribute files to the students and have them drop off files for the instructor on both Macs and PCs pretty easily. This facility has been used to share tests, sample news stories for editing, photos and video clips in a fast and safe way. Location: Scripps Convergence Lab Theater
ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Haley, Avery Publish Article in Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising
Eric Haley, professor, and Beth Avery’s, assistant professor, article, “The Role of Gender and Message Strategy in the Perception of Advocacy,” was published in the most recent issue of the Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising. Former CCI Ph.D. student Yoon-Joo Lee is a co-author. Dr. Lee is currently an assistant professor at University of Southern Indiana.
CENTER FOR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Symposium Call for Papers
The Call for Papers for the 33rd Annual Research Symposium has been sent out with the theme: “Science Communication and Information Research.” The symposium will be held on Friday, February 25, 2011, in the Scripps Convergence Lab. Papers are due by December 13, for peer reviewing. Notification of acceptance will be made mid-January 2011.
Executive Education Program: Strategies for Effective Communication and Information in the Corporate World – August 29 – September 3.
Graduate Student Reception – Tuesday, September 7, 4:30-6:00, Circle Park. RSVP by Sept. 1 to Diana at 974-6651 or email@example.com.